Friday, August 5, 2022

Galesburg needs more people
https://inlandnobody.substack.com/p/galesburg-needs-more-people

The first step to doing any kind of media in this town is finding others who are doing it: What do we have? What are people saying? Who sponsors them?

This is by Joe Hicks, a native Galesburg writer who does this newsletter on a "substack." I am not familiar with substacks; this is my first. I need to figure out if there are advantages. I will say that it is impressive. He is calm, reasonable and knowlegable, but unfortunately apparently has been taking a break in order to find work.

So it goes with media I guess - you can't expect to make any money, even if you are good.

I plan to develop this blog a little - have pictures, links, etc. This is a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing Galesburg

Here are a few things I've learned from dashing Galesburg. You don't make much money doing Door Dash. It appears to be more than it...