Friday, April 14, 2023

4-14 accident

A lot of excitement transpired more or less right outside my house today, as a van hit another car and flipped entirely over, about two houses north of mine on North Broad. Those of you who know Galesburg will already know now where I live, as it seems all of Galesburg was out there to watch as they towed the cars away.

I asked someone how it happened, but they didn't know much more than I could see. I could see the right side of a small red car banged up; that car had actually been pushed up into a drivewayy y so it was more or less off the road. It had been pushed about a car-width off the road, in other words, and right near it, in the middle of the road, was the van, resting on its roof. One could see that it wasn't entirely crushed; banged up a little, but not crushed.

The people I talked to confirmed that the driver of the van was not seriously injured but was taken in anyway by an emergency vehicle. That's a relief. I hate people dying or getting mangled on my street.

But still, the question is, how do you flip a van right in the middle of a city street?

I guess the answer to that must be that he/she was going way too fast. I can't imagine, myself, how it could have played out, such that the small red car just moved straight off the road (still facing the same direction, but probably forward or back, since it was in a driveway) with bang-up marks on its side, whereas the van was right near it but still in the road.

Guess I'll read about it in the news. I commend the Galesburg Fire & EMT for all being there and being right on top of it, literally. I'm impressed at how the town workds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dashing Galesburg

Here are a few things I've learned from dashing Galesburg. You don't make much money doing Door Dash. It appears to be more than it...