Saturday, May 25, 2024

OK here's another wild dashing story. It happened actually on South Chambers Street, in the heart of the south side, but I don't want to give too much away. Again, I don't really blame the police. They were just doing their job.

Late at night, about ten thirty, and I come around South Chambers with an order from Taco Bell. The house has a lot of bushes in front of it and I can't see the address, and I hesitate. The house is on the left and I pull over to the left side of the road so I can see better, and I'm not parked, but I'm looking at my app to confirm that this is the right house before I get out and deliver the order.

As I'm looking at the app a police car pulls right up beside me and shines a huge light right into the car. I'm kind of shocked but not alarmed, in fact it takes me a few minutes to figure out what's going on, I'm so absorbed in the app.

There was a little police action up the street a ways, another car or two with their lights on, and my guess is, he was going there. He, or she, or they. They apparently didn't see much in my car, except for the Taco Bell, and just kept on going. Wrong guy. He left me to deliver the order basically.

I said something to the guy I was delivering to about how Dasher is always asking me if I feel safe. Good question. This kind of delivery is apparently not the safest job there is. I can look at the policeman as basically watching out for my safety too. Maybe I should park on the right side of the road.

It could have been a lot worse. I think he had a lot better things to do, either that or he just wanted to say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment

deco report

My focus this year is on what I see , as I drive around a lot, and have seen much of the town. Granted, I'm based more on the north side...