Thursday, July 23, 2026

I live on the same block as Judy's; it's my claim to fame. When people far and wide want to know about Galesburg I mention Judy's and half the time they know what I'm talking about. But my family doesn't go out often, so that occasion was a time make some pics and provide a pop exhibit.

My foster daughters are moving back across town, so we told them we'd walk up to Judy's before they left. We walked up there today; it was a beautiful day. There were plenty of places to sit. Judy was there but was not working.

Some tourists came in while we were there. I swear at least half the families were from out of town, but these people were clearly from out of town. That's the first thing I have to say about Judy's: she brings them in. Do you see tourists anywhere else? Not really. But at Judy's on a Thursday morning, there were several. She took pictures with them. The waitresses tried to sell them a shirt.

Second, the place is strongly remodeled and there's lots of room in it. I faced directly across the street and it was a nice view, not crowded. The place was filling up and still wasn't crowded. The decor was sharp like Steak & Shake, a classic diner kind of feel. It looked good. The fact that it filled up was good too. She was making money.

There's nothing special about pancakes but one kind had this kind of lemon sauce on them and my wife wanted to try it so I ordered those. They were good. It's pancakes as pancakes are supposed to be.

My wife is mad at her for embracing the national guard and the people who occupied Washington. I say Judy was noot trying to be political and therefore should be forgiven for putting such people in her movies. Give her a break.

I'm glad to report she knew who I was, remembered my offer to make a book, and even remembered that I live on the same block. Another thing I like aboot her is that she's a pop artist like me. The logo, visible in one the pictures below, is a kind of pop image. I approve. So I will make pop too and will even keep making it. I'll put it on my pop pages.

Here's to you, Judy. Galesburg and I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live on the same block as Judy's; it's my claim to fame. When people far and wide want to know about Galesburg I mention Judy'...